Warry, Warry, Wah Wah Wah! Where's My Pencil Case?

That is actually the majority of a song that I have to sing with fifth grade kids. Every class, someone asks me what "Warry, Warry, Wah Wah Wah!" means. It's a legitimate question, as it's said almost ten times in a forty-five second song. No one ever seems satisfied with the "it means nothing" answer. When asked why it's in the song, I have the urge to yell something like "I didn't write the goddamn textbook, and if I had my druthers, we'd burn the motherfucker right here and now!"

But instead I just hit play again and think about what time it's okay to start drinking on a Tuesday. In an unrelated note, I just accidentally bought a kilogram of chicken when the recipe only calls for one pound. Chicken Vindaloo, if anyone cares. So, if you live in Jeonbuk and need 500 grams of chicken in the next twenty-four hours, you can holla. ANYWAYS, I brought up the Warry song to introduce the little ditty below. I have no idea who these guys are, but I find it's balance of Lazy Sunday-ness and Korean English Teacher-ness to be pleasing to my mind grapes. Also, I'm curious if this has any meaning to anyone outside of Korea.

Without further ado, on a very special Tuesday post, here is "Kickin' it in Geumcheon":

0 Responses to “Warry, Warry, Wah Wah Wah! Where's My Pencil Case?”

Post a Comment

Search



XML


Add to Technorati Favorites
Subscribe to this blog's feed
[What is this?]